|May 24, 2012
In This Edition
Quote of the Week
“Try pausing right before and right after undertaking a new action, even something simple like putting a key in a lock to open a door. Such pauses take a brief moment, yet they have the effect of decompressing time and centering you.” ~ A life practice from Dr. David Steindl-Rast
Personal Note from Cheryl
Weekly Ezine update for the summer: I will be sending out only one ezine per month from June to August. I am taking some time to do other writing and work on a few other projects. I am continuing with my book about pet loss and tweaking a book on wellness.
Out for birthday dinner with a few of the girls.
I had an over the top fabulous birthday long weekend. Perfect summer weather for three whole days which included dining out with friends, adventures shopping in Westport, touring Prince Edward County, a day at the beach, I could go on and on. Thank you to all of you for the surprises, cards, phone calls, emails and FB posts. My two favourite dining experiences were Fardella‘s Classic Bakery for a decadent French Toast breakfast and Lake on The Mountain outdoor patio for a post beach feast. Please check them out when you can!!! They are Cheryl approved!
Birthday am breakfast with Grandpa Fardella at Classic Bakery…BEST French Toast EVER!
There are plenty of exciting workshops with me this spring and summer… more details are on the website or send me an email for more information and your questions. There are more added each week, so please stay tuned.
We would like to extend a big “WELCOME” to those of you who joined us in the last week! Enjoy all of the tips, articles and resources coming to you each week! And don’t forget – you can access all the past issues of the ezine at http://sacred-journeys.ca/ezine-archives/.
Please send this Ezine to people that you know and care about. If this ezine was forwarded on to you from a friend and you’d like your own copy delivered directly to your Inbox, sign up here: http://sacred-journeys.ca/
Wishing you a joyful, healthy and abundant week,
Sacred Journeys Healing Arts Centre
P.S. Welcome to all the new readers that have joined our community! You’re going to love the resources you’ll find here! Enjoy!
Connecting With Angels 101
The Angels Workshop is an introduction to connecting, working and healing with the angels. Learn about the angelic realm, how the angels are here to help you and how to call upon them. This workshop will deepen your love and understanding of the angels.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn how to recognize when you receive messages and the way in which you already receive messages
- Know how to differentiate divine guidance from false guidance
- Learn about archangels, guardian angels and spirit guides
- Learn about the Earth realms – are you an earth angel?
- Meet your guardian angels through a guided meditation
- Clear and balance your chakras
This workshop will enable you to get the answers to questions about your health, relationships, money and career. These answers will better help you with your life’s purpose and direction.
Date: Saturday, June 2, 2012
Class Time: 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Price: $125.00 +HST
How To Give An Angel Reading
Learn the steps to giving an accurate angel reading – for yourself, family, friends or as part of your business. You will receive a deck of Doreen Virtue’s angel cards to work with during the class and take home with you.
Date: Sunday, June 3, 2012
Class Time: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Price: $144.00 +HST
For more information contact:
Easy and Nutritious Foods to Eat at Work and on the Run
With our schedules being as hectic as they are, healthy eating at work is often not a priority. However, finding healthy foods to eat at work and fueling yourself properly throughout your day can literally make it or break it as far as your energy levels go.
In order to perform at your very best and to avoid the 3 p.m. slump, it’s important to fill your day with low-sugar foods such as lean proteins, essential fats, fruits and vegetables.
Here are a few tips that will help make healthy eating second nature:
- Invest in a portable water bottle so you can stay hydrated, as well as a covered cup for grab-and-go smoothies on the way to work.
- Invest in a mini blender to make quick and delicious morning protein smoothies to drink on your commute to work. (I enjoy both Vega and Genuine Health Brands with my favourite being Transform+ natural vanilla flavour – it is a combination of protein and greens)
- Prepare healthy foods the night before so they are ready and waiting for you in the morning. For example, pre-chop some vegetables or make a sandwich for lunch.
- Pack healthy leftovers from tonight’s dinner for tomorrow’s lunch.
- Scope out healthy restaurants or food kiosks in your work area that offer healthy, grab-and-go salad options for lunch.
Healthy foods to eat at work
Delicious breakfast options:
- A Miracle Applesauce Muffin in a Cup (see page 2 for recipe)
- A bowl of yogurt, cereal and nuts
- Whole grain toast with natural nut butter and sliced bananas
- A chocolate banana protein smoothie (premade at home or available at Starbucks)
Tasty ideas for lunch on the run:
- A six-inch turkey, chicken or tuna sub with any vegetable garnish
- A homemade turkey, chicken, egg or tuna sandwich on whole grain bread
- Planned leftovers from the night before (chicken stir-fry, for example)
- A spinach salad or mixed greens with a scoop of tuna, egg or chicken salad
- A bowl of chicken or turkey chili
- A veggie burger with side salad
- Pizza wraps (whole grain wraps, low-fat mozzarella and tomato sauce)
Healthy (and yummy) snack options:
- Carrot sticks and 2 tbsp hummus
- Healthy snack bars, such as Kashi bars (there is an organic nut bar at Costco that is fabulous, you then have a whole box of assorted that will last you awhile)
- 1/2 cup yogurt with berries
- Cheese and grapes
- 10 almonds, walnuts, pecans or cashews
- 1/2 cup applesauce with 1 tsp. ground flaxseeds
In addition to choosing healthy food options, it’s also important to stay well hydrated. Drinking 2 litres of water per day is critical to maintaining overall energy, achieving weight loss and obtaining an overall sense of wellness. Did you read my ezine last week about water? There is an entire article devoted to the topic of water there for you.
Also, after your morning cup of coffee, try switching to herbal teas or green tea for their hydrating and antioxidant effects.
I suggest going for a walk over the lunch hour to boost your energy for the afternoon. Leave a pair of socks and runners under your desk at work, so you are always ready for that invigorating noontime walk. My sister swears by it – instead of fading at 3:00pm, she finds when 5:00pm arrives, she is surprised to see everyone leaving for the day because she still has energy to spare.
I hope this helps you – and thank you to Canadian Living for providing me with some great ideas to share with you this week!
As always I am here to support you in this life journey of ours and love your feedback.
Where is Cheryl
Upcoming workshops & events:
May 25-27 – Karuna Reiki Master Training (9:30 – 5:30)
June 2 – Connecting With the Angels 101 (9:30 – 4:30)
June 3 – How to Give an Angel Reading (9:30 – 5:00)
June 9/10 – Reiki: Second Degree Class (9:30 – 4:30)
June 15-17 – Usui Reiki Master Training (9:30 – 5:30)
June 21 – Reiki Share (6:30 – 9:00)
June 23 – Heal Your Life Now (9:30 – 3:30)
June 24 – Reiki Third Degree (9:30 – 5:30)
July 7 – Integrated Energy Therapy: Basic Level Class (9:30 – 5:30)
July 8 – Integrated Energy Therapy: Intermediate Level Class (9:30 – 5:30)
July 11 – Energy Medicine Workshop (6:30 – 9:00)
July 21 – Integrated Energy Therapy: Advanced Level Class (9:30 – 5:30)
July 22 – Healing With the Angels IET Class (9:30 – 5:30)
July 28/29 – Reiki: First Degree Class (9:30 – 5:30)
And stay tuned for upcoming teleclasses and spring retreats with me!!
Your Wellness Tip
I have studied with Donna Eden for years. She wrote the incredible book: Energy Medicine. Here is a tip about hot flashes that I would like to share with you.
Hot flashes are one of the unpredictable effects that come with hormonal changes in women. A combination of Eden Energy Medicine techniques and herbal remedies can help cool and control hot flashes. Herbal remedies include flaxseed or flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil, and for some women, black cohosh.
Dowsing the Fires
Donna found that when women did this procedure on a daily basis, their hot flashes became less intense and, in some cases, subsided altogether. It is also good for thyroid health.
1. Cross your hands and massage both K-27 points with some pressure.
2. Remove your right hand and slide the middle finger of your left hand above the corner of your right clavicle.
3. Inhale, then turn your head to the left as far as you can while you slide the middle finger of your left hand toward the outer edge of your right clavicle and exhale.
4. Repeat on the other side. (An illustration of this exercise is on page 245 of her Energy Medicine for Women book.)
I am teaching an Energy Medicine workshop based on the above mentioned book on July 11th: 6:30 – 9:00 pm. I will teach you techniques that create a 5-minute daily routine to help with stress, sleeping, clarity, balance, boost your immune system and a technique to help protect you from other people’s energies draining your own or negatively affecting your moods.
Personal Wellness Coach with a mind body spirit approach to wellness. My goal is to help you feel empowered on your individual path and help you jump out of bed every day loving your life. I am here to help you create a life where you feel happy, full of energy and first on your list. You are worth it!
To see how you can get more support from Cheryl, make sure to visit her website.
Inspiring A Wellness Movement
Sacred Journeys Healing Arts Centre
Address: 654 Barnsley Cres., Kingston, Ontario K7M 8X4
Email us: email@example.com
© Copyright 2012 Sacred Journey Healing Arts Centre. All rights reserved.